Lazy and don’t feel like spending hours cooking up elaborate recipes to fix that salty/sweet tooth of yours? Don’t you just want to grab a bag of chips and call it a day? YES. So here is a list of our favorite snacks we’ve been loving and are still ’Healthier Than A Vegan’ approved! And the best part? Almost all can be found at your local Shop-Rite and/or Big Lots; ALL under $5!
1. ‘Bar_nana’ Chewy banana bites
Sold at Bonterra (Small specialty store near us similar to whole foods) or online at barnana.com
$4.15 per packet
2. ‘Garden of Eatin’ Black Bean corn chips (Also come in Blue and white corn)
Sold at Shop-Rite and Big Lots; located in the chip aisle
$3.69 per bag
3. ‘Lara Bar’ Cherry pie and Peanut butter cookie (Many flavors; READ LABELS, avoid chocolate & cookie dough ones; contain sugar)
Sold at Shop-Rite; found in baby food aisle next to protein bars
$1.69 per bar (usually on sale for $1)
4. Stretch Island Fruit Co. Grape, Raspberry, Apricot fruit strip
Sold at Shop-Rite; Found in the baby food aisle usually next to the Lara Bars and protein bars
$0.59 per strip
*Apple puree concentrate, pear puree concentrate, raspberry puree, lemon juice concentrate (Ingredients for raspberry fruit strip; other flavors will vary)
5. Carob Spirulina squares
Sold at Shop-Rite; found in the bulk food aisle
$6.99 per lb (1/2 lb goes a long way)
6. ’Unique’ sprouted whole grain pretzels
Sold at Shop-Rite; found in the chip aisle
$3.69 per bag
TELL US WHAT YOUR FAVORITE SNACKS ARE?! Have you tried any of the ones we mentioned? Comment below or post on our Facebook page!
100% original content written by ‘Healthier Than A Vegan’!